Center for International Trade Expositions and Missions (CITEM)


PH economy to contract by 2%-3.4% in 2020

BOI-listed investments double to P645.3B in 1H2020

Economic contraction in 2Q 2020 projects to be deeper versus first 3 months of 2020. Economic managers hopes contraction to remain at 2% to 3.4% for 2020.

The coronavirus pandemic failed to stop domestic firms' projects, as investments registered with BOI for 1H2020 more than doubled to P645.3 billion.

Read More

Read More

Inflation rises to 2.5% in June

Trade growth expected
to gain momentum

Benign inflation gives policy makers enough room to sustain policies for growth. DOF Usec. and Chief Economist Gil S. Beltran says inflation is still manageable.

NEDA projects trade growth to surge as quarantine measures ease. PH's total merchandise trade fell by 38.7% in May 2020 versus 59.5% decline in April 2020.

Read More

Read More


DOT to issue New Normal Protocol for tourism, MICE sector

US exhibition industry performance declines by 15.1% in 1Q2020

DOT crafts specific health & safety protocols for tourism sectors including the meetings, incentives, conferences and exhibitions (MICE) industry in line w/ "new normal".

CEIR reports exhibition industry growth fell in 1Q2020 as 72.6% of events were cancelled while remaining 27.4% were postponed or projected to be cancelled.

Read More

Read More

Dubai to welcome tourists from 7 July

Smaller events will be future of business events industry

Dubai airports will welcome tourists from July 7, 2020. Tourists will be required to present a Covid-19 negative certificate or undergo testing at the airport.

It is not expected to be business as usual for the meetings and events industry. As some countries ease on lockdowns, opportunities await the industry very soon.

Read More

Read More


Cacao farmers in Davao Oriental to supply quality beans to Malagos

Landbank releases
P3.02B in agri loans
in 1H2020

Davao Oriental cacao farmers will supply high quality beans to Malagos Chocolates. Beneficiaries are seven farmers' cooperatives aided by a World Bank project.

The Land Bank of the Philippines releases a total of P3.02 billion in loans to help farmers and fishers boost productivity. Eligible borrowers reached 19,367.

Read More

Read More

Demand for Emperador products surges in China

Model corn farms in CARAGA to raise corn output

Emperador Inc.'s whiskey businesses in developed countries & China performs well in 1H 2020. High demand is due to Emperador products despite Covid-19 pandemic.

It is difficult to predict what trends in the fitness, nutrition, and well-being sectors can withstand the test of time. Learn the top trends to watch in 2020.

Read More

Read More


Hard Seltzer is most resilient alcohol segment in the US

Hyperlocal grocery delivery sales surge during COVID-19

Even amongst bar and restaurant closures caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, Hard Seltzer remains a resilient commodity.

Perhaps no companies operating within the online grocery sector have seen shift in demand caused by COVID-19 pandemic as much as hyperlocal delivery providers.

Read More

Read More

Consumer sentiment and behavior continue to reflect uncertainty

10 Wellness Trends That Are in for 2020

Even in countries that have partially reopened, consumer optimism remains muted and spending intent is still below pre-crisis levels, says McKinsey survey.

Health and wellness experts lines up picks for 10 major health & wellness trends to watch in 2020 from intuitive eating, virtual fitness training to Ayurveda.

Read More

Read More

Blink to the Future

Take a deeper understanding of the future of global
economy. If you are interested in reading more of
our featured insights, visit our website at:




Facebook Twitter Instagram Wordpress